Our standard model with the qualities of a professional bassoon plays evenly and with secure intonation over the whole range. It is made from mountain maple grown in selected areas which has been seasoned over a period of several years. The wooden body is fabricated using CNC equipment designed for maximum precision and consistency in the production process. The bore is fashioned in exactly the same way as for our professional models. The new mechanism is designed to be comfortable, and features 7 rollers, and is finished with high-quality silver plating. All the finger holes have ebonite liners that extend into the bore. The surface of the body is finished with a durable matt-finish synthetic lacquer.
In addition to the features of the standard S2000 bassoon, the body of the S2000 plus is made from specially selected woods:
- highly figured flamed maple (S2000 plus)
- birdseye maple (S2000 plus V) and
- yew (S2000 plus E)
These different woods give each instrument a unique tone quality. The wood is given a special dipping process which additionally improves the resonances. All keys that do not have steel axle rods are mounted on our patented non-wear bearing system. High E key included. Other optional keys are available to special order.
Redesigned contrabassoon, in collaboration with „Benedikt Eppelsheim, München“ ...
- with a previously unattainable dynamic range – from the quietest pianissimo to a very powerful fortissimo, using simple fingerings
- with a range of 4½ octaves and stable tuning over the whole register
- with a clear and warm tone that blends well with bassoons and other instruments (comparisons by the Technische Universtät, Dresden)
- with a precise, well-balanced and silent* mechanical action built on a full wooden body
- can be played with both traditional contrabassoon reeds and our own special design
- alto and tenor instruments in ensembles
- tone color in wind music
- bass in a recorder group
- a solo instrument in historic and modern literature
- a musical effect, both visually and acoustically
- and especially as children's instruments.
For professionals we can provide additional keywork!